Ditch the Donuts, Obesity in Effect!
What is Obesity?
● Obesity means having too much body fat.
● The weight may come from muscle, bone, fat, and/or water.
Obesity occurs overtime when more calories are eaten than used. Factors that might affect weight include: overeating, eating high fat foods, and not being physically active.
Problems from Obesity
Being obese increases your risk of Diabetes, Heart Disease, Stroke, Arthritis,
and some cancers.
Strategies to prevent Obesity
● Exercise on a daily basis.
● Choose what you eat carefully. Be sure to have balance meals. For example:
1. Fruits (male: 2 cups) (female: 1 1⁄2 to 2 cups) a day of fruit.
2. Vegetables (male: 2 1⁄2 to 3 cups) (female: 2 to 2 1⁄2 cups) a day of vegetables.
3. Protein (male: 5 1⁄2 to 6 1⁄2 ounces) (female: 5 to 5 1⁄2 ounces) a day of protein.
4. Grains (male: 3 to 4 ounces) (female: 3 ounces) a day of grains.
5. Dairy (male: 3 cups) (female: 3 cups) of dairy a day.
Ways of Losing Weight:
1. Eat less.
2. Exercise More.
3. Drink lots of water
Some Cases on Obesity
Case # 1
● A 52 year old woman with
● Has obesity for over 9 years.
● Is 5' 1’’ and weighs 265.
Solution: She goes to the doctor
regularly and is on a diet.
Case # 2
● Man named David age 58.
● First Weight in: 304 lbs.
Solution: He solved his obesity by
exercising daily and riding his bike
for many hours.